Friday, June 22, 2012

I Choose the Change





People don’t always know that they are putting you through shit. And even you don’t always realize that what they have been serving you all along, with the salad of love and sauce of care, was basically shit that has done you no good. But the real fun begins when you realize that you want something different on the menu and decide to ask for it. And if you find, after quite a few requests of re-orders, that the menu is not going to change, you simply stop coming there. Which, in this case, means that you block all the previous communications.

Now, this may seem rather random for the person on the other end, but trust me, you are not to be blamed. If there is anything I’ve learned from my years of being the good girl who knew not how to answer back, then it is the fact that you are not mistreated until you allow the other person the liberty to do so.

You don’t need to take shit from anybody. Nobody is more important in your life than you. And if it’s some kind of guilt or gratitude or even old-time’s-sake holding you down, be brave to accept that nothing is worth the effort if it can’t let you be who you are.

And if you think it’s love, then I’d trust your better judgment to tell you that it’s not love if it ties you down. The person on the other side may not even realize that they are having such a negative impact on you. But it’s your responsibility towards yourself to accept the fact if it’s true. It’s never too late to start over. Never too late to make a fresh beginning. Never too late to start living the way you want to.

1 comment:

coralcrue said...

wow! you know, a really close and very old friend who I have known for the past 20 years has been making me miserable, this post has described everything...EVERYTHING...i have been feeling when I shut doors of communication on her. I just can't face up to her and say stop this nonsense so I just decided why bother continuing something that's sucking the life energy out of me. I love what you have written. thank you :)